Tuesday 4 March 2008

Today's jobs

I must must must plant the pepper seeds I saved from my pepper pasta meal last week.
Also: cling film what remains of infant herb garden, and replant my basil, thyme and rosemary seeds.
According to 'Gardening and Planting by the Moon' by Nick Kollerstrom, today is a root day, and I should avoid planting leafy seeds until Saturday. This is a fascinating, if a tiny bit mad book, still any advice is better than none, so maybe I should hold off until the weekend. By co-incidence, I did plant the tomatoes under the right lunar influences and they seem to be doing just fine.
He also says I should be watering the fushias and pelargoniums. They certainly look like they could do with a drink.
I'm a bit worried about my garlic. I think my enthusiasm for an early spring meant I left them at the mercy of the elements too soon.

No comments: