Tuesday 11 March 2008

Tea for one

Simple things for simple folk, as they say back in Sussex, but today I wouldn't mind being called simple for squeezing the most obscene amounts of happiness out of the following things.
1) Stepping out into the rain without an umbrella, getting soaked and feeling miserable, when all of a sudden the sun broke through a cloud and made all the water drops hanging from the trees glitter and the puddles on the pavement shine.

2) Finally finding a teapot that fits the tiny tea cosy I struggled over, and it being the exact same shade of pink as my favourite mug.


3) After a three week search, managing to source some cream of tartar, and making macaroons.

Meaning that when I finally got home and out of the rain, the sitting room had returned to its usual suntrap self, and I could settle down to an utterly self indulgent tea for one, and read my book. And the tea stayed hot throughout.

No comments: