Tuesday 11 March 2008

Lunar gardening: an experiment

As I mentioned a few postings ago, I've been reading "Gardening and Planting by the Moon", and it isn't all as crazy as it might seem. Apparently the phases of the moon can influence the moisture and mineral content of the soil, and provide the right aspects for sowing either root, leaf, flower or fruity plants. Since Satirday was a leaf day, and today a fruit day, I decided I may as well sow and see.
The leafy herbs I sowed on Saturday do seem to be doing better than last time, but that might be because I was putting a little more care into them, and I'm still waiting to see how the fruits get on. Annoyingly, I forgot to sow the courgette seeds I bought last week and was saving to plant today and now its too dark to do it, so will have to wait for the next fruit day. Sigh.

No comments: