Tuesday 4 March 2008

And finally some knitting

This blog was supposed to be mostly about my enthusiam for knitting, but has got rather taken over by the trauma of killing baby seedlings.
However, the copy of Debbie Bliss's 'Home' dropped through my letter box this morning and almost took my mind quite off it. Ever ambitious, I want to make her large spot blanket in a nice ocean blue and green to cheer up my boyfriend's lonely flat, although I fear he may have moved out by the time it gets finished. One of her cushions would be good practice though, and I will crack on once I have finished these bad boys:

Venetian inspired fishy mittens:

This pink (Sublime cashmere meriono silk- the most luxourious wool I have ever treated myself too) is almost the exact shade of Venice, and I got ridiculously over excited in Morley's of Brixton when I found some silver lurex to knit it with. The colours reminded me of the beautiful fish in the Rialto market, and the theme was complete when I found these fishy beads in Brighton that also cover the holes where I messed up by increases.


When they are finished, I be able to put them on and transport myself out of London and back to the hazy Italian sunshine. The length makes me feel like a japanese anime character and ready to cope with anything that London throws at me in the meantime.

No comments: